Saturday, May 4, 2013

Picking Her Up

Today me, my father, and my uncle went to go pick it up. We had to rent a U-Haul car trailer to get it since we didn't have one. Boy was there a lot of parts, I thought for a second that we weren't going to fit it all. But I wasn't about to leave something behind and we stuffed it all in the car.

The motor and transmission went with my uncle, he is taking it to a friend/work colleague of his that, from what he has told me, is a car NUT! My uncle and this guy go back and fourth with favors so he said that the rebuild will cost pennies on the dollar, which I am very fortunate to have. It just goes to show, networking with people can be extremely beneficial. This is also going to make the build go much quicker since before I was planning on rebuilding it myself. Now I can focus on all the other things will my motor is getting rebuild 200 miles away.

While we were packing the car I had the opportunity to scan through the boxes of parts that he has and maybe that wasn't the best idea because it only made me more giddy. I cant wait to dig into those boxes and see what I really got.

The thing that really got me is that he showed me the title that he had and 40 years from the day before I picked it up he bought it brand new. That's no coincidence if you ask me and even though i'm sure he is sad to see it go. I promised him that it would be on the road again, because its more than just a classic, its nostalgic!







No comments:

Post a Comment